CM12A - Schauer 12V 1/8/12A Multi-Stage Smart Charger / Conditioner / Rejuvenator / Maintainer 115VAC Clips & Ring Terminals
Model CM12A (0757-15CEC)
Schauer Charge Master 12V, 12A Fully Automatic Multi-Stage Smart Battery Charger, with Battery Clips and Ring Terminals. Microprocessor-controlled high frequency switching technology. For all vehicle & deep cycle 12 volt lead-acid batteries.
This Schauer Charger features an Advanced Multi-Stage Charging Process:
1. Initial Battery Qualification - Detects battery voltage, sulfation, internal impedance, and charge rate acceptance.
2. Enhanced Battery Rejuvenation - If the initial qualification detected that the battery was in poor condition, Schauer's unique rejuvenation process (patented in USA and Europe) will begin automatically.
3. Smart Charging Stages
• Soft Start Charging Mode (C.C. Mode) - Gently ramps up the battery voltage to 11V.
• Bulk Charging Mode (C.C. Mode) - Delivers an almost constant current of the maximum output until the battery voltage reaches the preset voltage value.
• Absorption Mode (C.V Mode) - The charging current tapers and the charging voltage is kept constant at the preset value without overcharging.
• Equalization charging - Process that carefully equalizes the battery by removing acid stratification and restoring the battery's full capacity.
• Analysis Mode (Battery Retention Test Mode) - Battery voltage drop analyzed to determine battery fault probability.
• Float Mode - Allows the charger to effectively be left connected to your batteries; maintaining the battery at a safe level of 13.6V, and ready for use.
• Maintenance Mode - The program engages a special charging waveform and monitors the battery voltage variance. If the battery voltage drops, the special pulses will keep the battery in an optimal state. If the battery voltage drops even lower, the battery charger will switch into Bulk charging mode. The Maintenance Mode allows the charger to safely be connected to the battery over the course of a season.
The CM12A allows the user to select from 3 Charge Modes:
• 1 Amp Maintenance Mode (Fan OFF).
• 8 Amp Silent Slow-Charge Mode (Fan OFF).
• 12 Amp Rapid-Charge Mode (Fan ON).
• USER-SELECTABLE BATTERY TYPE - Select from "Calcium", "AGM/Wet", or "Gel" for a charging profile tailored specifically to your battery.
• FULLY AUTOMATIC - The charger can be left on the battery indefinitely.
• INTERNAL OVERHEAT PROTECTION: The battery charger has a built-in overheat and overload protection circuit. When the charger is overheated, it will decrease the charging current. If the temperature is decreased, the charger will resume normal charging.
• TIMER PROTECTION: The charger provides a time limit for each charging stage. If charging does not sufficiently progress through a stage before reaching the stage time limit, the charger will stop charging for the protection of the battery and the charger. This may occur if attempting to charge any severely discharged or heavily sulfated battery.
• REVERSE POLARITY: The charger has reverse battery protection. If a reverse connection to the battery exists (Red LED ON, while output leads are connected backwards), simply unplug the charger from AC power and properly remake the connections.
• SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION: The charger has output short-circuit protection. If a DC lead short-circuit condition exists (Red LED ON, while output leads are connected backwards), simply unplug the charger from AC power and properly remake the connections. The charger automatically detects the status of the DC lead connections. If the charger detects short-circuit or reverse polarity connections, it will not deliver any output current.
• ENERGY-SAVING ECO MODE: This charger has an ultra-low power consumption circuit and operates at very high power efficiency. The charger will automatically go into ECO mode if plugged in, but the DC leads are not attached to a battery. During ECO mode, the power consumption is less than 0.7W, equal to power consumption of 0.02kWh per day. After a battery is fully charged and during long term Maintenance Mode, the total power consumption is approximately 0.06kWh per day.
• AC Input: 100-120VAC 50/60Hz
• DC Output: 1/8/12A at 12VDC
• Start Voltage: 2V
• Charge Voltage:
GEL - 14.1V
AGM/WET - 14.4V
CALCIUM - 14.7V
• Equalizing Voltage:
GEL - 14.3V
AGM/WET - 14.6V
CALCIUM - 15.5V
• Float Voltage: 13.6V
• AC Cord: 72", with grounded North America 115VAC plug
• DC Lead: 72" total length - 48" Lead with SAE Flat Connecter, and 24" battery connection adapters (battery clip adapter, and 3/8" ring terminal adapter)
• Operating Temperature: 14° to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)
• Storage Temperature: -13° to 185°F (-25 to 85°C)
• Operating Humidity Range: 0 to 90% RH
• Battery Capacity - Up to 1440 CCA or 240 AH
• Cooling: Fan or natural cooling (depends on charge mode selection)
• Unit Length: 8.54"
• Unit Width: 4.06"
• Unit Height: 2.28"
• Unit Weight: 2.43 lbs.
• Approvals: UL/cUL, FCC, CEC, BC
• Warranty: 2 Year Limited
What's in the Box
• Multi-Stage Smart Charger with 6 ft AC cord and 4 ft DC Lead terminating with standard SAE Flat Connector
• DC Lead Adapter: 2 ft (24") with Battery Clips / standard SAE Connector
• DC Lead Adapter: 2 ft (24") with inline 3A fuse and 3/8" Ring Terminals / standard SAE Connector
• User Manual
• Not intended for use as a DC power supply
• Operate in an environment with proper ventilation
• Do not operate in a damp or wet environment
Shipping & Returns
Here's the condensed version of our shipping policy.
For more detailed information about shipping, click here.
To any address in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii:
For orders totaling up to $9.99, Standard Shipping is $4.95.
This is typically via USPS parcel service, Expedited Shipping via FedEx 2-Day is available for $11.95 to $21.95, depending on weight (5 lb maximum).
For orders totaling from $10.00 to $49.99, Standard Shipping is $7.95.
This is typically USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Expedited Shipping via FedEx 2-Day is available for $11.95 to $21.95, depending on weight (5 lb maximum).
For orders from $50.00 to $74.99, Standard Shipping is $12.95.
This is typically UPS or FedEx ground. Expedited Shipping via FedEx 2-Day is available for $11.95 to $21.95, depending on weight (5 lb maximum).
For orders of $75 or more to addresses in the lower 48 US states:
Standard Shipping is FREE*,
Expedited Shipping via UPS or FedEx is available at carrier calculated rates.
*That’s for all products, no exceptions, and via our choice of shipping carrier. We hate to give blatantly obvious advice, but if your order is less than $75 and qualifies for Free Standard Shipping, do yourself a favor and order enough to get it shipped for FREE.
Shipping to Canada via the Post Office
For our customers in Canada - if you select the Postal Service as your delivery method, we take advantage of a USD $7.95 flat fee option that prepays all customs duties/taxes on your order. This program helps you avoid any unexpected expense associated with your order. This fee is automatically included in the shipping charge you see at checkout.
At this time, we only collect sales tax on shipments to addresses in Illinois.
Returns & Refunds
We want you to be happy with the products you purchase from PLP Battery Supply, so if you need to return an item for any reason, we will be happy to accept a return. You may return your purchase within 60 days of your original order. Items being returned must be in their original condition. That means new - not used, and not damaged.
For more detailed information about returns, click here.