Schauer 24V 2A Fully Automatic Electronic Charger / Float Standby - Universal Input 100-240VAC - Battery Clips
Model JAC0224-C (0891-34)
Schauer 24 Volt, 2 Amp Intelligent Electronic Charger with battery clips. This Fully Automatic charger is for any type lead acid battery, including conventional flooded cell, maintenance free, deep cycle, gelled-electrolyte, or valve regulated batteries. 3-Stage Charge Control provides Modified Constant Current Charge to a constant finishing voltage, then to a float standby voltage to maintain battery in fully charged condition. Charger may be left connected to battery indefinitely, without danger of overcharging.
• Current limiting
• Short circuit proof
• Universal, Auto-Sensed 100-240V AC Input
• Capable of full current at 2.1V per cell continuous - 100% duty cycle
• Plastic case with LED status light
• 72" AC Cord with grounded North America 115VAC plug
• 45" DC leads with Battery Clips
• Not intended for use as a DC power supply
• Operate in an environment with proper ventilation
• Do not operate in a damp or wet environment
LED Status Indicator Light in normal charge cycle:
• Green LED - AC Power connected, and charger NOT connected to battery.
• Red LED - AC Power connected, charger connected to battery, charger in Bulk/Absorption charge mode.
• Flashing Red LED - Finishing Absorption charge mode.
• Green LED - Battery charged, charger in Maintenance/Float mode.
Flashing Red LED Light indicates battery problems when connected:
1. Charger is connected to a battery with an AH capacity too high to properly charge.
(You will need a charger with higher amperage output, see note below.)
2. Charger is connected to a battery with a dead or shorted cell.
(Have your batteries tested for proper function and capacity.)
NOTE - PLP Battery Supply recommends a charger with an amperage output that equates to a minimum of approximately 10-15% the AH capacity of the battery being charged. For example, a 2 amp charger would be appropriate for a battery in the 20AH-30AH range. Chargers with marginally low output ratings may result in unacceptably long battery charge times.
• Finish Voltage: 2.4 volts per cell
• Float Voltage: 2.28 volts per cell
• AC Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz (auto-sensed)
• DC Output: 24 VDC, 2A
• Unit Length: 4.6"
• Unit Width: 2.3"
• Unit Height: 1.4"
• Unit Weight: 1.2 lbs.