JAC0224-XLR - Schauer 24V, 2A Fully Automatic Electronic Charger/Maintainer - Universal Input 100-240VAC - XLR 3-Pin Male Plug
Model JAC0224-XLR (0891-32)
Schauer JAC0224-XLR - 24V, 2A Intelligent Electronic Charger with XLR Plug
The Schauer JAC0224-XLR is a Fully Automatic, 3-Stage Electronic Charger with a world-wide Universal AC Input (100-240VAC). Specially equipped with a 3 Pin XLR DC Plug, this charger is an excellent choice for charging and maintaining batteries in medical mobility scooters & wheelchairs with 24 volt battery systems up to 40AH capacity. This Intelligent Charger may be left connected to the battery indefinitely, keeping it safely charged without danger of overcharging.
The JAC0224-XLR will charge any type lead acid battery, including conventional flooded cell, maintenance free, deep cycle, gelled-electrolyte, or AGM valve regulated batteries.
The 3-Stage Charge Control provides Modified Constant Current Charge to a constant finishing voltage, then to a float/standby voltage to maintain the battery in a fully charged condition.
• Fully Automatic with Float/Maintenance Mode
• May be left connected to batteries indefinitely
• Charges all types of lead acid batteries
• Current limiting
• Short circuit proof
• Universal, Auto-Sensed 100-240V AC Input
• Capable of full current at 25.2V continuous - 100% duty cycle
• Plastic case with LED status light
• Finish Voltage: 28.8V ±0.2
• Float Voltage: 26.5V ±0.2
• AC Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz (auto-sensed)
• AC Input Amps: 2A
• Nominal DC Output Volts: 24V
• Nominal DC Output Amps: 2A
• AC Cord: 72", with grounded North America 115VAC plug (IEC C7-NP connector)
• DC Lead: 72", with 3-Pin XLR Plug (#1 Pin POS+)
• Unit Length: 4.6"
• Unit Width: 2.3"
• Unit Height: 1.4"
• Unit Weight: 1.2 lbs.
• Approvals: UL/cUL, CE
• Warranty: 2 Year Limited
• Not intended for use as a DC power supply
• Operate in an environment with proper ventilation
• Do not operate in a damp or wet environment
LED Status Indicator Light in normal charge cycle:
• Green LED - AC Power connected, and charger NOT connected to battery.
• Red LED - AC Power connected, charger connected to battery, charger in Bulk/Absorption charge mode.
• Flashing Red LED - Finishing Absorption charge mode.
• Green LED - Battery charged, charger in Maintenance/Float mode.
Flashing Red LED Light indicates battery problems when connected:
1. Charger is connected to a battery with an AH capacity too high to properly charge.
(You will need a charger with higher amperage output, see note below.)
2. Charger is connected to a battery with a dead or shorted cell.
(Have your batteries tested for proper function and capacity.)
NOTE: PLP Battery Supply recommends that chargers in this range have an amperage output that equates to a minimum of approximately 10-20% the AH capacity of the battery being charged. For example, a 2 amp charger would be appropriate for a battery with a maximum AH capacity in the 20AH-40AH range. Chargers with marginally low output ratings may result in unacceptably long battery charge times and/or damage to the charger.
The Schauer JAC0224-XLR charger is compatible with the following electric scooters:
Bladez XTR Comp 2
Bladez XTR Comp 450
Bladez XTR Street 2
Bladez XTR Street 450
Bladez XTR-SE 450
Currie e-ride 16" Folding
Currie Phat Flyer
Currie Phat Phantom
GT-200 (2005 & Older)
Lashout 24 Volt 400 Watt
Lashout 24 Volt 600 Watt
Mongoose Hornet FS
Mongoose M150 (2005 & Older)
Mongoose M200 (2005 & Older)
Mongoose Rocket FS
Pacelite HCF 737
Schwinn Fly FS
Schwinn Missile FS
Schwinn New Frontier
Schwinn S150 (2005 & Older)
Schwinn Zone 5
Shoprider Scootie (TE-787NA)
Tanaka PaveRunner TPB-450EX