JAC0724-XLR - Schauer 24V, 7A Fully Automatic Electronic Charger/Maintainer - 115VAC - XLR 3-Pin Plug
Model JAC0724-XLR (0891-62)
Schauer JAC0724-XLR - 24V, 7A Intelligent Electronic Charger with XLR Plug
The Schauer JAC0724-XLR is a Fully Automatic, 3-Stage Electronic Charger with XLR Plug. Specially equipped with a 3 Pin XLR DC Plug, this charger is an excellent choice for charging and maintaining batteries in medical mobility scooters & wheelchairs with 24 volt battery systems up to 105AH capacity. This Intelligent Charger may be left connected to the battery indefinitely, keeping it safely charged without danger of overcharging.
The JAC0724-XLR will charge any type lead acid battery, including conventional flooded cell, maintenance free, deep cycle, gelled-electrolyte, or AGM valve regulated batteries.
The 3-Stage Charge Control provides Modified Constant Current Charge to a constant finishing voltage, then to a float/standby voltage to maintain the battery in a fully charged condition.
• Fully Automatic with Float/Maintenance Mode
• May be left connected to batteries indefinitely
• Charges all types of lead acid batteries
• 115VAC Input
• Mountable, Aluminum case with LED status lights
• Current limiting
• Short Circuit and Reverse-Polarity protection (user-replaceable fuse)
• Capable of full current at 25.2V continuous - 100% duty cycle
• Finish Voltage: 28.8V ±0.2
• Float Voltage: 26.5V ±0.2
• AC Input Voltage: 115VAC 50/60Hz (220/240VAC conversion available, see manual)
• AC Input Amps: 3.2A
• Nominal DC Output Volts: 24V
• Nominal DC Output Amps: 7A
• Minimum Battery Voltage Required to Start Charging: 8V
• AC Cord: 72", with grounded North America 115VAC plug (IEC C13 connector)
• DC Lead: 45", with 3-Pin XLR Plug (#1 Pin POS+) (12" DC output lead, with replaceable 33" XLR plug adapter)
• Unit Length (case): 6.5" (not including mounting flanges)
• Unit Length (overall): 7.5" (includes mounting flanges)
• Unit Width: 3.5"
• Unit Height: 1.8"
• Unit Weight: 1.8 lbs.
• Approvals: UL/cUL, CE
• Warranty: 2 Year Limited
• Not intended for use as a DC power supply
• Operate in an environment with proper ventilation
• Do not operate in a damp or wet environment
LED Status Indicator Light in normal charge cycle:
• LED1 (Left): RED – AC power connected, Power Switch ON
• LED2 (Right): YELLOW – Charging, Bulk and Absorption stages - Fan On
• LED2 (Right): GREEN – Battery Charged, Charger in Maintenance Float mode - Fan Off
NOTE: If LED2 is GREEN when initially connected to a known discharged battery (rather than YELLOW, which indicates normal operation), there is a FAULT in the output connection. Check for the following conditions:
1. Charger Not Connected
2. Minimum Battery Voltage Not Sensed (8V minimum)
3. Output Fuse Blown (check the fuse under the twist cap)
NOTE: PLP Battery Supply recommends that chargers in this range have an amperage output that equates to a minimum of approximately 10-15% the AH capacity of the battery being charged. For example, this 7 amp charger would be appropriate for a battery with a maximum AH capacity in the 70AH-105AH range. Chargers with marginally low output ratings may result in unacceptably long battery charge times.