JAC0342MAN - Schauer 42V, 2.5A Golf Cart & Industrial Battery Maintainer - 115VAC - Battery Clips
Model JAC0342MAN (0891-142-42V)
Schauer JAC0342MAN - 42V, 2.5A Electronic Battery Maintainer with Battery Clips
Extend the life of your batteries with the Schauer JAC0342MAN Battery Maintainer. Simply connect it to your set of fully-charged batteries, and this maintainer will keep your batteries at full charge and prevent sulfation during periods of storage. The JAC0342MAN is designed to be connected to your batteries for extended periods, even months at a time - keeping them in peak condition and ready to go.
2-Stage Charge Control provides 2.5A bulk charge to a constant finishing voltage of 46.2V, then to a float mode, providing only the amperage necessary to maintain the batteries at a float voltage of 46.2, depending upon their condition.
FOR 42 VOLT BATTERY SYSTEMS ONLY. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SYSTEM VOLTAGE BEFORE ORDERING.
NOTE: The JAC0342MAN is a BATTERY MAINTAINER, NOT A BATTERY CHARGER. It will keep your fully-charged batteries at a proper maintenance voltage, but it WILL NOT recharge a set of discharged batteries.
• For 42 Volt battery systems ONLY. Use on 10AH to 300AH lead acid batteries - typical of golf carts, industrial scrubbers, lifts,etc.
• Can be used for any type lead acid battery, including conventional, maintenance free, deep cycle, gelled-type, or AGM valve regulated batteries.
• Current limiting
• Short Circuit and Reverse-Polarity protection (user-replaceable fuse)
• Fully automatic maintainer can be left on the battery in maintaining/float mode. If AC power is interrupted, the maintainer will turn itself back on when AC power is restored.
• Aluminum case with 2 LED status lights
• Finish Voltage: 46.2V ±0.2
• Float Voltage: 46.2V ±0.2
• AC Input Voltage: 115VAC 50/60Hz
• AC Input Amps: 2A
• Nominal DC Output Volts: 42V
• Nominal DC Output Amps: 2.5A
• Minimum Battery Voltage Required to Start Charging: 0V
• AC Cord: 72", with grounded North America 115VAC plug (IEC C13 connector)
• DC Lead: 45", with Battery Clips
• Unit Length (case): 6.5"
• Unit Width: 3.5"
• Unit Height: 1.8"
• Unit Weight: 1.8 lbs.
• Approvals: CE
• Warranty: 2 Year Limited
• Operate in an environment with proper ventilation
• Do not operate in a damp or wet environment
The battery pack should first be fully charged with a primary charger. When primary charging is complete, remove the primary charger and connect the maintainer.
NOTE: THIS UNIT IS A BATTERY MAINTAINER, NOT A BATTERY CHARGER. IT WILL KEEP YOUR FULLY-CHARGED BATTERIES AT A PROPER MAINTENANCE VOLTAGE, BUT IT WILL NOT RECHARGE A SET OF DISCHARGED BATTERIES. If you use this unit on discharged batteries, damage to the unit will likely result, and the warranty will be voided.
1) Attach positive (Red) battery clip to positive post of first battery in the series. (This post can be identified because it has a cable that does not connect to another battery. The cable from this post is connected to the positive side of the vehicle's electrical system.)
2) Attach Negative (Black) battery clip to negative post of last battery in the series. (As with the positive post connection, this post can also be identified because it has a cable that does not connect to another battery. The cable from this post is connected to the negative side of the vehicle's electrical system, or to a common ground.)
3) Plug maintainer into AC power.
4) Turn maintainer power switch on.
Use Caution! Incorrect connection across complete battery pack may cause battery over voltage/damage/fire/explosion.
NOTE: Since the maintainer is connected directly to the battery posts (and not charging through the vehicle system), the vehicle may be put in "tow" mode to avoid any load on the batteries while in maintenance.
The JAC0342MAN maintainer will provide 2.5 amp charging current until the battery voltage reaches 46.2V. Then it will hold float voltage at 46.2V and only provide the amount of current necessary to maintain the batteries at 46.2V, depending upon their condition. If the battery voltage is below 46.2V when the maintainer is connected, then it will cycle through this process.
LED Status Indicator Lights in normal charge cycle:
• LED 1 (Left): RED - AC Power connected, Power Switch ON
• LED 2 (Right): OFF - Battery not connected / Fuse Blown
• LED 2 (Right): YELLOW - High Current mode - 2.5-0.5A output. Fan: HIGH
• LED 2 (Right): GREEN - Low Current mode - ≤1A output. Fan: OFF